Participation form download here: english.pdf - italiano.pdf
The programme of the course is aimed at perfecting the technique and interpretation of Baroque Music (voice and harpsichord) - Bach, Handel, Monteverdi, Purcell, Schütz, etc.
- The Masterclass will be held in Florence, at the Auditorium al Duomo, via de’ Cerretani no 54R, from Sunday 30 April to Friday May 5th 2006.
- The Course is open for the participants or graduates from Italian Institutes of music and participants or graduates from foreign Academies and Universities of Music (in both cases with the title of study not former than December 31st 1999).
- The Course is open to all male and female voices including Countertenors and harpsichordists.
- On Sunday 30th April, at h. 10.00, the audition for the selection of regular participants will take place at the Auditorium al Duomo, via de’ Cerretani no 54R, Florence. The candidates that will not take part in the selection or will not be selected, can be admitted to the Course as auditors.
- The candidates will have to present:
- the application form using the relevant attached form, with an indication of two pieces at their free choice, to present during the audition and with proposals of other pieces they intend to perform during the Masterclass.
- the certificate of payment the “Enrolment Fee” (not repayable) in the value of € 50,00
- The applications without the certificate of payment will not be taken into consideration.
- This documentation must be received by mail (on the address of FLY EVENTS srl, – società unipersonale - Via del Giglio n. 10 – 50123 Firenze – Italia) or by fax (0039 055 283260) within 1st February 2006.
- After the audition of the candidates (and in any case before the first lesson of Maestro Esswood) the payment of the following “Attendance Fee” will be requested:
regular participants: € 300,00
auditors: € 100,00
baroque harpsichord course: € 90,00
- One-day auditor (vocal, harpsichord) attendance fee:
- All the participants will have to provide a valid identification document.
- The regular participants will be allowed to take advantage of the free assistance of “basso continuo” for the whole duration of the Course.
- The Final Concert of the Masterclass, with Paul Esswood countertenor, Helen Rogers harpsichord and with the best participants, will be held on the 5th of May 2006, h. 21.00, at the Auditorium al Duomo, via de’ Cerretani no 54R, Florence.
- At the end of the concert all participants will receive a certificate of attendance signed by Maestro Paul Esswood.
- The organisation intends to highlight to the public the initiative and its participants through appropriate media.
- Furthermore the activity of the Masterclass predicts a possibility to organize visits to Florentine museums and musical institutions.
- The organisation reserves the right to change the programme owing to organizational reason, giving a prompt notice to all persons interested.
- Further information can be requested at:
- The Secretary Office of FLY EVENTS srl– società unipersonale-, tel. 0039 055 2382 762, fax 0039 055 283260,
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly visiting the web site www.flemingyouth.it at “Youth Opportunities” - “IV Masterclass di Musica Barocca”
- Syrinx-Kotlinski Management & Productions, tel. 0048 601 675155, 0039 338 8871134, e-mail: email@example.com.
Accomodation & Facilities in Florence in 3* and 4* hotels with special rates starting from 95,00euro the single room with buffet breakfast included (rates subject to availability), booking through Vivahotels Reservation Center,
Tel. 0039 055 2645297, Fax 0039 055 2648959 - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This Masterclass is realized with the Patronage of the British Consulate and the co-operation of the City Municipality of Florence.
Main Sponsor: VIVAHOTELS ART IN OUR HEART