15/09/2019
Touches of Renaissance: Studying Renaissance Architecture in its Authentic Place


EACH WORKSHOP IS MADE UP BY 3 DIFFERENT PHASES:

1) BEFORE the workshop: each group of university students from a different country must prepare a preliminary work, to be presented in Florence.

2) DURING the workshop there will be formed different international mixed groups of students; each international group will present a final work at the end of the week.

3) AFTER the workshop: once coming back home, each national group of university students will prepare a final version of the project.


Project phase: AFTER


PROJECT LEADER:
Prof. Bohumil Fanta, Professor at the Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Architecture, Czech Republic

PROJECT LEADER E-MAIL:
fantaboh@fa.cvut.cz






Czech Technical University Prague, Faculty of Architecture

PARTECIPANTS:
Prof. Bohumil Fanta, Doc. Eva Fantová, Klára Brůhová, Anna Beránková, Jakub Vysoký, Michal Bednář


Czech Technical University Prague, Faculty of Architecture AFTER THE WORKSHOP

Palazzo Guadagni is an excellent example for a Florentine renaissance palace; it is the second most important building in the Piazza Santo Spirito. This palace was built in 1502, when the merchant Ranieri di Baldassarre Dei decided to replace some houses of his family with a more imposant building; the palace was based on a project by Cronaca (or perhaps Baccio d'Agnolo). The façade was originally enlivened by the coat of arms of the family (which is today severely damaged and has been transferred in the interior of the palace) and from the typical florentine sgraffito-decoration (white artwork scratched on black plaster); this decoration was an early work of Andrea del Sarto, but had been vastly altered in 1870 and is gone completely lost during an attempt of restoration in 1973. In 1683 the palace was bought by marquis Guadagni and subsequently, in 1837, by the Dufour Berte family, who mantained the name of Palazzo Guadagni. At the first floor was located from 1912 to 1964 the German Institute for Art Hitory in Florence; at the ground floor was inaugurated in 1914 the first municipal library in Florence, dedicated to the Florentine literate and pedagogist Pietro Thouar (1809-1861). The library is still existing and has over 20,000 books in its stockings. The palace is characterized by the rusticated stone on the façade of the ground floor and from the stone bank around the whole façade; remarkable is also the wrought-iron lantern on the southern corner of the palace: it resembles the one made by Caparra for the façade of Palazzo Strozzi. Palazzo Guadagni still shows the loggia on the last floor, which was once to be seen also on other palaces in the Square of Santo Spirito.



Images of the WORK
:


PHOTO EXHIBITION >









Czech Technical University Prague, Faculty of Architecture
Prof. Bohumil Fanta, Doc. Eva Fantová, Klára Brůhová, Anna Beránková, Jakub Vysoký, Michal Bednář
Before - After

Slovak Technical University, Faculty of Architecture
Ing. arch. Nadežda Hrašková, PhD., Michaela Kesanová, Adriana Slabejová, Jozef Veselovský, Radovan Zelik
Before - After

Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture
Prof. Robert M. Kunkel, Urszula Koziarska, Mateusz Potempski, Maja Wieczorek, Leszek Włochyński
Before - After


Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Arrchitecture. Prof. Nadiya Yeksaryova. Student: Dmytro Mironov, Kseniya Gerasymova, Olga Polonska, Oleksandra Tymofyeyeva,.
Before - After



Before - After



Before - After



Before - After



Before - After

 



Before - After

 



Before - After



GROUP1

During


GROUP2

During


GROUP3

During


GROUP4

During


GROUP5

During


GROUP6

During


GROUP7

During


GROUP8

During