19/12/2018
Touches of Renaissance: Studying Renaissance Architecture in its Authentic Place


EACH WORKSHOP IS MADE UP BY 3 DIFFERENT PHASES:

1) BEFORE the workshop: each group of university students from a different country must prepare a preliminary work, to be presented in Florence.

2) DURING the workshop there will be formed different international mixed groups of students; each international group will present a final work at the end of the week.

3) AFTER the workshop: once coming back home, each national group of university students will prepare a final version of the project.


Project phase: AFTER


PROJECT LEADER:
Prof. Bohumil Fanta, Professor at the Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Architecture, Czech Republic

PROJECT LEADER E-MAIL:
fantaboh@fa.cvut.cz






Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture

PARTECIPANTS:
Prof. Robert M. Kunkel, Urszula Koziarska, Mateusz Potempski, Maja Wieczorek, Leszek Włochyński


AFTER THE WORKSHOP

The Cochi Serristori Palace in Florence The Cocchi Serristori Palace stands in pizza Santa Croche on the edge of the area where the amphitheatre had been bulit in Roman times (c.130AC) The city walls door was opened for monks who used the road led through the remains of the amphitheatre from monks´ vineyard to the new church of Santa Croche ()1294-1295). A hinde of the door is still visible on the left side wall of the Palace. In 1295 The city council began selling the city walls with the adjacent external grounds. Most of these properties were bought by the Peruzzi family eho bulit a series of warehouses there in period 1305-1310. Perhaps the building which stood on the site of the prezent palace has not been finished by the Peruzzi family, but the facing ashlar work belonging the previous building is still visible on the ground. In the 1463 the building was sold to the wool Merchant Berghio and Francesca Cochi Donati eho were strong supporters of the Medici family. After the internal restoration work completed around 1484 in period 1485-1487 the building was rebuilt in the Rennaissance style commisioned by Antonio Cocchi and his brother Giovanni. They were close friends of Marsio Ficino and Lorenzo Magnifico and gave the task of rebuilding the palace to Giuliano da Sangallo. He build a modern front in the Roman style frajer by a series of archem, architraves and pilasters strips taken from ancienit amphitheatres and public buildings in Rome. In the 18.century the palzzo underwent a substantial internal transformation. In 1717 Pietro Cocchi bulit the chapel and decorated rooms with mythological and allegorical frescoes by Dionisio Predelini. Between 17920and 1794 Magdalena Cocchi and her husband commissioner Gaetano Bercigli bulit a new monumental staircase in the shape of a well decorated. In 1913 the building was bought by the City Council of Florence. Since 1986 it has been housed by the Office of the City Council´s district administration for the historical centre.



Images of the WORK
:


PHOTO EXHIBITION >









Czech Technical University Prague, Faculty of Architecture
Prof. Bohumil Fanta, Doc. Eva Fantová, Klára Brůhová, Anna Beránková, Jakub Vysoký, Michal Bednář
Before - After

Slovak Technical University, Faculty of Architecture
Ing. arch. Nadežda Hrašková, PhD., Michaela Kesanová, Adriana Slabejová, Jozef Veselovský, Radovan Zelik
Before - After

Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture
Prof. Robert M. Kunkel, Urszula Koziarska, Mateusz Potempski, Maja Wieczorek, Leszek Włochyński
Before - After


Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Arrchitecture. Prof. Nadiya Yeksaryova. Student: Dmytro Mironov, Kseniya Gerasymova, Olga Polonska, Oleksandra Tymofyeyeva,.
Before - After



Before - After



Before - After



Before - After



Before - After

 



Before - After

 



Before - After



GROUP1

During


GROUP2

During


GROUP3

During


GROUP4

During


GROUP5

During


GROUP6

During


GROUP7

During


GROUP8

During